1. What am I ... GRATEFUL ... for today?Donna and I have shared activities people can do inside their own apartments. I printed out some coloring pages related to Women's History Month, which you can print out for yourself by clicking on the pictures on my next day's blog post. Then I posted them on the bulletin board for people to take, color, and bring back to let us all see their work. They've been doing it!
2. Who am I ... CHECKING IN ON ... or ... CONNECTING WITH ... today?
3. What expectations of "normal" am I ... LETTING GO OF ... today?
4. How am I ... GETTING OUTSIDE ... today?
5. How am I ... MOVING MY BODY ... today?
6. What ... BEAUTY ... am I either creating, cultivating, or inviting in today?
Donna bought some word search books about famous women and ran off copies of pages to give people. Since we aren't able to meet together, she's not distributing them as widely as she had hoped to do, but I took a couple of them at random:
Liliuokalani, Queen of Hawaii ~ I have a couple of books about her on my Kindle:
- Hawaii's Story by Hawaii's Queen ~ by Liliuokalani, 1898 (Kindle edition published in 2016), memoir
- Lost Kingdom: Hawaii's Last Queen, the Sugar Kings, and America's First Imperial Adventure ~ byJulia Flynn Siler, 2012, history
- Becoming ~ by Michelle Obama, 2018, memoir
- Becoming: A Guided Journal for Discovering Your Voice ~ by Michelle Obama, 2019, journal
Okay, how many of you will ask yourselves those "quarantine questions" each day? I intend to start doing it daily, as a reminder of the good things in spite of the reality around here that I posted late last night. Please share answers to ANY of those questions in the comments. We'd all like to be reminded of the good things in life.