- Keep wake-up, mealtimes, and bedtimes the same as usual.
- Try to do activities at the times you are used to, even if the activities themselves are a little different.
Monday — ConnectMEMORIES
Tuesday — Brainstorm
- Call a friend who lives in another building (in Crown Center or the community).
Wednesday — Connect
- Write down one favorite song from every decade of your life; bonus — name one from each year of your life.
Thursday — Brainstorm
- Ask a friend about meals they've been eating; or share a recipe for a new idea.
Friday — Connect
- List your favorite characters from books, movies, TV, etc.
Saturday/Sunday — Breathe
- Listen to a piece of music that brings back a memory from childhood.
- Inhale through your nose and exhale slowly through pursed lips. Do this five times.
Once upon a time, Mickey and I tried making a really, really long connection. We couldn't quite make it go from my second floor bedroom window to his ground floor apartment in the next building over. But we tried. Part of our problem were the multiple clothes lines in our shared back yard.
Hours later, I would have to go back out there and bring in all the dried jeans and towels, dresses and underwear. Back then, "online" had a totally different meaning from today's online experience.
Hmm, today is Monday. Shall I give YOU a call? Or you could call me.