1. In a large heavy pan combine: 2 cups (16 oz.) heavy cream and 4 cups (28 oz.) granulated sugar.
2. Stir well to mix thoroughly. Bring to a boil and then beat to a soft ball stage (235 degrees on a candy thermometer). Do not stir again after mixture reaches a rolling boil. Remove from heat.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine: 1 cup (8 oz.) real butter cut into chunks and 1.5 (24 oz.) Hershey bars, broken into pieces.
4. Pour hot mixture over butter and chocolate pieces. Beat with electric mixer until glossy. Pour into buttered 9"x13" pan and put into refrigerator or freezer to cool.
Note: Make with or without nuts. Symphony bars may be substituted for Hershey bars.
That is exactly how Donna wrote it, with ingredients in bold. She didn't make a separate list of ingredients. Here's a separate list for you:
- 2 cups (16 oz.) heavy cream
- 4 cups (28 oz.) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (8 oz.) real butter
- 1.5 (24 oz.) Hershey bars, broken into pieces