Saturday, March 7, 2020

Coloring pages ~ about women

As I posted yesterday, March is Women's History Month.  Today, I changed the bulletin board by the elevators on my floor to reflect this (using the image above).  I also gave my friends and neighbors a challenge:
"Color a page, and share it here."
Click to enlarge image
See those words under the image?  I hung the coloring pages I shared in yesterday's post.  Folks can choose any of the five (as of right now).  At top left is the image of Rosie the Riveter that I talked my friend Donna into coloring yesterday.  Gail, who lives on my floor, took a copy of the Jane Goodall picture.  Which one would YOU color?

By the way, Rosalind P. Walter, the original inspiration for "Rosie the Riveter," died Wednesday at the age of 95.  According to NBC News, when the United States was in the midst of World War II in the 1940s, 19-year-old "Roz" wanted to join in the war effort and became a welder at the Sikorsky aircraft plant, a job usually reserved for men.

1 comment:

Helen's Book Blog said...

I didn't know anything about the original Rosie the Riveter so thank you for sharing that!