Copi, and I still think his is the best. Following my train of thought, I looked up Copi and found a Wikipedia article about him. Hmm, I see that his text is now in its 14th edition, so I must not be alone in thinking it was excellent.
|Linus and Snoopy|
"Copi studied under Bertrand Russell while at the University of Chicago."Ha! I didn't know that. While studying for my first degree, maybe even the same year I took logic, I imagined Bertrand Russell in a homework paper/story I wrote. Bertrand Russell called something in that story "claptrap," and I had Linus retort, "Well, you're in this claptrap with us."
Word of the Day
se·gue / ˈseɡwā,ˈsā- / verb / past tense: segued / past participle: segued = move or shift from one role, state, or condition to another. Example: I used the Snoopy cartoon to segue into a bit of philosophy.Bookish Puzzle #3
- What Comes Before a Fall and Preconceived Judgment Towards a Group
- Mitt-wearing Home Plate Squatter Enclosed by Reuben Sandwich Bread
- An Au Revoir for Everything Inside the Shirt Sleeves
- Y2K Minus Number of Candles on Molly Ringwald's Cake
- That Audio and That Rage
- Toward What Person or Persons a Recess-is-Over Sound Is Directed