Thursday, April 15, 2021

Favorite book?

Facebook meme:
Them:  What's your favorite book?
Me:  What, of the ones I'm currently reading?
Them:  No, like of all time.
Me:  Top ten?
Them:  No, just one!
Me:  What genre?
Them:  Just answer the question!
Me:  I would, but you really need to narrow it down.
When I read that meme, I immediately thought of fiction.  So what are my favorite novels?
What's my favorite book in the category of children's fiction?
What's my favorite book in the nonfiction category?
Your turn

What's the first book YOU think of when someone asks (yes, I'm asking), "What's your favorite book?"  I do realize I couldn't even get it down to my Top Ten books.

The illustration at the top shows the books a lot of people in the United States chose as their favorite in a 2014 poll conducted by Parade.

2 comments:

Helen's Book Blog said...

I love your response to this question! It's just not an easy answer, is it. Years ago, I used to say Animal Dreams by Barbara Kingsolver and this answer got me a job. It turned out it was the interviewer's favorite book at the time!

Now, I just don't know how to answer that. Perhaps Shanghai Girls, The Secret Daughter, Harry Potter books. For nonfiction, I'd go with Boys in the Boat and ... just so many others. Now my head is spinning.

Unknown said...

I love The Art of Racing in the Rain, too and agree with Helen. Your answer made me smile. There are so many great books in a variety of categories. Since I have never read One True Thing, I just requested it from the library and am anxious to get started. Thanks for the tip!

Jane S.