Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Myers-Briggs and the internet

I recently mentioned "Myers-Briggs" in a conversation with someone who had no idea what I was talking about.  I meant to look it up and send her some information, but hadn't gotten around to it.  Then today, I was reading someone else's blog and came across these words:  "I’m a Myers-Briggs Introvert."  Since I'm an INTJ (Introvert-iNtuitive-Thinking-Judging), I smiled upon reading that and thought, "Me too."  Being an introvert does NOT mean I'm shy.  It means I need alone time to recharge my batteries, rather than the party time or people time an extrovert craves.

I found all sort of charts online, very different from the 1970s when my work group was tested by a professional.  Now you can pretty much analyze charts and put yourself into various categories.  Think about how you re-energize, take in information, decide things, and organize your life.
And how about these charts?  Are you beginning to peg yourself into one or the other of the categories on these graphs?  On the other hand, if you've already taken the test, are you checking to confirm the results?  Here are more images I found when I went looking.

To see who fits each category, you'll need to enlarge the print so you can read the explanations inside the circle (above) and the words on each side of the chart (below).  Click on the charts, if you're on a computer.

And finally, below are some occupations that suit the Myers-Briggs groupings.  I like that my INTJ list includes "college professor" as a career.  I really did enjoy being an adjunct teacher at Chattanooga State Community College for about a decade.

1 comment:

Helen's Book Blog said...

I find the Myers-Briggs tests fascinating and accurate. When my dad took it years ago, he grumbled the whole time, saying how stupid these things are. He is an INTP and the first line of the description said something about how he probably thinks the test is innacurate! I am an ESFJ though I bet my introvert score is higher now than it was before. I am still an extrovert, but I do appreciate my "me time" at the end of the day more as I get older.