Thursday, April 8, 2021

Happy birthday, Jürgen Moltmann

Today is Jürgen Moltmann's 95th birthday.  I have more than 30 books by him on my shelves.  Here's one I recently got for my Kindle that's about Moltmann's ideas by a man who claims not to be a theologian.  He says the books he writes about theologians are "by a beginner, for beginners."

Jürgen Moltmann in Plain English ~ by Stephen D. Morrison, 2018, theology
Jürgen Moltmann is a theological iconoclast, ever confronting the status quo.  Stephen D. Morrison examines each of Moltmann's major works of theology, including his most popular books (such as Theology of Hope, The Crucified God, and The Trinity and the Kingdom) and discusses Moltmann's proposals for eschatology, the Trinity, creation, and the suffering of God.
Word of the Day
i·con·o·clast / īˈkänəˌklast / noun = a person who attacks cherished beliefs or institutions.
I'm part of the Jürgen Moltmann Discussion Group on Facebook.  I blogged about Moltmann's major books four years ago and have written about him many times.

No comments: