Sunday, April 25, 2021

Music makers, bookish thoughts, and a challenge

Decades ago, I bought this 6-hole cedar flute in Cherokee, North Carolina.  I've added the beaded feathers to the green felt bag.  Sheila and I were talking about music and musical instruments recently, and I told her about my flute and my kalimba.

Donna gave me this kalimba many years ago.  Clawdia is in the picture because she wanted to play with (not play) the kalimba when I put it on the bed to snap a picture.  It's a small thumb piano with only a single octave on it, unlike the larger mbira also pictured in this blog post from last year.


I'll be reading children's books next week, when these books on hold at my library are delivered:
  • Insignificant Events in the Life of a Cactus ~ by Dusti Bowling, 2017
  • Momentous Events in the Life of a Cactus ~ by Dusti Bowling, 2019
  • Classified: The Secret Career of Mary Golda Ross, Cherokee Aerospace Engineer ~ by Traci Sorell, illustrated by Natasha Donovan, 2021

Your challenge
If you think your English is good,
I challenge you to write any word
that starts with C and ends with E

One last thought

3 comments:

Helen's Book Blog said...

I have always liked instruments even though I only play the piano a bit. My first year of teaching I had a student's dad come to do a presentation on indigenous Central American instruments and it was wonderful. He got all the students up and playing the 40+ instruments that he brought.

Goldendaze-Ginnie said...

there are so many words that start with c and end with e that I don't understand your challenge ...CarE, CraVE, CafE, CanE, CanoE, etc. etc. ?????

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Yes, Ginnie, it's a ridiculous CHALLENGE that I found on Facebook. I CHOSE the smiley face as an illustration because it's a CIRCLE. Another friend came up with CHASE, which is a verb and also my grandson's name. So CHOOSE to be silly and COME play word games with me. We can CANOE through a CAVE without a CARE in the world and then go eat in a CAFE while we laugh at all the highlighted words.