Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Armchair BEA ~ best of 2011

Today's topic for Armchair BEA week is — Best of 2011.
Share some of your favorite books so far this year.
Here are my monthly favorites, so far (though I'm not yet finished with the merry month of May):


JANUARY
If I Stay ~ by Gayle Forman, 2009, YA fiction, 10/10


FEBRUARY
The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ by Garth Stein, 2008, fiction, 10/10


MARCH
Sing You Home ~ by Jodi Picoult, 2011, fiction (Rhode Island), 9.5/10


APRIL
Good Masters! Sweet Ladies! : Voices from a Medieval Village ~ by Laura Amy Schlitz, 2007, children's (England), 10/10


MAY
The Invention of Hugo Cabret ~ by Brian Selznick, 2007, YA fiction (France), 10/10




Armchair BEA suggests that we work the network tomorrow, so I'll be pointing out some of my favorite book blogs and bloggers.  Can you guess any of those I'll name?

3 comments:

Helen's Book Blog said...

I definitely agree with If I Stay and Racing in the Rain. I haven't read the others though.... Now I'll have to think about my favorites

pussreboots said...

The Invention of Hugo Cabret is excellent.

In 2009 I decided to step away reviewing for publishers and publicists. I felt like I was losing my focus and drifting from my mission statement of sharing the joys of reading. Call it taking a librarian's approach to blogging. Come see what I mean.

Bookfool said...

I loved Hugo Cabret and If I Stay, too! The Art of Racing in the Rain is my F2F group's book choice for June. So glad to know that's another thumbs-up for you.