Thursday, July 13, 2023

Thursday Thoughts, once again

1.  I love this quote from The Girl at the Back of the Bus, a novel by Suzette D. Harrison about a girl whose life was changed because she witnessed Rosa Parks' refusal to move when the driver told her to give her seat to a white man, even though she was already in "the colored section" of the bus:
"Whenever I was tired enough to quit, my mind would float back to that night on the bus, recalling a woman who'd tired of her rights being infringed upon.  Her sitting gave me the courage to stand" (p. 289).
2.  Was it a coincidence that I decided to get an extra $20 cash from the bank yesterday, and a neighbor asked to borrow $20 that evening because she was out of cash?

3.  The Future Is Analog: How to Create a More Human World ~ by David Sax, 2022, technology, 289 pages ~ This is the day I'll get this book that I put on hold because a friend recommended it.

No comments: