Wednesday, July 12, 2023

I read between the lines of my books

I love the title of our University City newsletter (Between the Lions) because I love to play with words.  Those two lions symbolize the city and are on opposite sides of Delmar Blvd, across from City Hall at the roundabout.

Word of the Day

round·a·bout / noun = a road junction at which traffic moves in one direction around a central island to reach one of the roads converging on it; a traffic circle.  Example:  "Exit the roundabout at the first right to go to my old church."

Idiom of the Day

read between the lines = look for or discover a meaning that is hidden or implied rather than explicitly stated.  Example: "Do you also read between the lines?"

2 comments:

colleen said...

I like that kind of play on words too. How about A Round Tuit (getting around to it). I saw that once as a label to a crotched round thing-a-ma-jig.

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Colleen, I used to have a coin-shaped thing with these words printed on it: A ROUND TUIT.