Saturday, July 1, 2023

Idea for a children's book

My cat Kiki died in 2012.  In my recent move, I ran across an idea I had for a children's book (starring Kiki) that I emailed to my artist friend Jane Yelliott.  I needed an illustrator, but it was not to be.

Here's my proposed title for the idea I had:  Kiki and the Rain Room.  First, cats hate water (I think we all know that), and rain is water.  What would seem like a "rain room" to a cat?  That place where humans make water come down from above.  We humans call that place a "shower"  and we also call a light rain from above a "shower," don't we?  (Oooh, I love playing with words!)

I lost my potential illustrator.  (Do you know a good one?)  Click HERE to see Jane's blog, which is still there though she died over a decade ago.  I still have it on the right sidebar of this blog, and it now shows "11 years ago" since her last post on ramblings of an artist ~ Jane.

2 comments:

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I bet there are a lot of would-be illustrators at painting classes all over your town.

I like your idea for a book.

Harvee said...

I have written a few stories for my grandkids and sons but have never tried to publish them even though I knew a couple of artists. Have fun with it.