Tuesday, February 16, 2021

TWOsday ~ my new book club and the weather

Book club

Last night, I met for the first time with the Nextdoor Book Club.  During our discussion of The Vanishing Half by Brit Bennett (2020, fiction, 343 pages), I was juggling the Zoom grid, trying to look at all of the new people I was meeting for the first time.  The group did an excellent job of covering all aspects of the book.  I'll be back next month when we talk about The One by John Marrs, a 2018 thriller about a simple DNA test to be matched with your perfect partner — the one you’re genetically made for.  That’s the promise made by Match Your DNA.  But "happily ever after" isn’t guaranteed for everyone, because even soul mates have secrets.  And some are more shocking than others.

Another record low in St. Louis

At 7:50 a.m. today in St. Louis, the temperature was -3°F and felt like -22°F, according to the weather app.  The record low here for February 16th was 2°F in 2007, which means we broke another day's record, as we did yesterday.  I've had enough of this cold weather!  I'd hate for this to be a regular daily feature of this blog.  The not-so-good news:  someone on Nextdoor named her neighborhood and wrote:  I don’t have any running water this morning.  I’m assuming it’s a frozen/burst pipe somewhere outside.  Is anyone else nearby having the same issue?"  The good news:  the sun is shining today.

No comments: