Saturday, May 19, 2012

Caturday Snapshot ~ forlorn kitty

Babe is an indoor-outdoor cat who lives where I've been house-and-cat-sitting.  She has beautiful green eyes.  In this snapshot, she was watching for Jane to come home or maybe watching the squirrels and chipmunks and birds.

She doesn't like being stuck inside alone, as shown in this photo.  Doesn't she look forlorn, watching me leave to go somewhere, maybe to last week's birthday party?  Oh, you don't see her?  Look closely at the bottom middle of the window, where she's pushed aside the hanging blinds (click to enlarge photo).  She had made a rush for the door, but I got it closed before she got out.  I'm sure Babe is pleased Jane is now back home from Ireland.

Saturday Snapshot is a meme hosted by Alyce from At Home With Books. To participate, post an old or new photo taken by you (or a friend or family member).  Check out the snapshots others are sharing this week.

22 comments:

Cathy said...

I would imagine that Babe is thrilled that she's home!

Christine Harding said...

She's very cute - our cat rarely lets me take a photo of him. He turns away, ot walks off!

Anonymous said...

Nice pic of the cat looking out.

Anonymous said...

Good picture of cat looking outdoors.

Louise said...

Cats always look so intent staring out of the window.

Helen's Book Blog said...

This is a beautiful cat. I SO wish I wasn't allergic as cats are easy and fun pets!

Kaye said...

I can just envision Babe saying she wants to out THERE.

Kaye said...

I can just envision Babe saying she wants to out THERE.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

We always feel guilty when we leave our cats as well. They give us that sad sad look:)

Great shots

BurtonReview said...

LOL at the baby pushing aside the blinds! My Sweetie pads her paws on the front door when she knows we are sitting outside on the front porch. She is an indoor cat but misses us when she can see us but not be with us ;)
My snapshot is here.

Eva said...

Aaah, it's a lonesome life to be an indoor cat.
Our cat is indoor too, and he's always so happy when we get home. We're thinking of getting him a companion, we'll see.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Ah, how sweet...I have had the indoor-outdoor cats, and they do want to be where they're not....

Thanks for sharing.

Here's MY SATURDAY SNAPSHOT

Peppermint Ph.D. said...

love her beautiful blue eyes :)

bermudaonion said...

Whatever Babe is looking at has her captivated!

Melissa O. said...

Love the pics! Especially the second where you can just barely make Babe out :-)

Sharon Galligar Chance said...

Beautiful kitty!

Lisa said...

Pretty kitty! Mine loves the windowsill, too.

My snapshot is here.

Alyce said...

The cat definitely looks like it's plotting something in that bottom photo! :)

Nise' said...

I love it that she moved the blind out of the way to look out the window.

Anonymous said...

I think every cat I've known loves looking out the window.

Bev Hankins said...

I did see Babe peeking out there in the middle. Very cute! When we dog-sit for my Mom-in-law's little poodle she does the same thing. Climbs up in our recliner by the front window and looks for "Mom" and "Dad."

Here's my Snapshot

Paulita said...

She does look like the grass is greener outside. Our cats are indoor cats, but their biggest thrill comes from watching the moving creatures outside. Here's Mine