Friday, May 11, 2012

Beginning ~ with fruit salad

Living Buddha, Living Christ ~ by Thích Nhất Hạnh, 1995, religion
Twenty years ago at a conference I attended of theologians and professors of religion, an Indian Christian friend told the assembly, "We are going to hear about the beauties of several traditions, but that does not mean that we are going to make a fruit salad."  When it came my turn to speak, I said, "Fruit salad can be delicious!"
The title tells us Thích Nhất Hạnh is comparing Buddhism and Christianity, but after this beginning, I was curious about how much of a "fruit salad" he'd make of these two religions.


Gilion at Rose City Reader hosts Book Beginnings on Fridays.
Click here for today's Mister Linky.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Sounds like an interesting read...hope you are enjoying it.

Have a great weekend!
Kristin @ Always With a Book

JC Jones said...

It should be interesting to see what he makes of everything. Here is my post:

BBF

Helen's Book Blog said...

This one sounds like it's right up your alley! Enjoy (and have a great mother's day)

Gilion at Rose City Reader said...

I like that beginning because I makes me want to go look up the book and learn more right now.

Thanks for participating in Book Beginnings.