Monday, December 26, 2022

Books from Santa?

Book Blogger Hop* asks a question each week.  Here's the one for Dec. 23-29, 2022:

Did Santa bring you any books?

Bah, humbug!  No, Santa went right over my house without leaving me a single book.  Well, okay, I live on the sixth floor of a tall building, and Santa managed to avoid running into it.  Do you suppose Santa failed to leave a book because I have no chimney for him to come down?  I did, however, give myself books from the library, from the bookstore, and for my Kindle.  Does that count?  If so, then I did get books.

Oh, wait!  I just remembered that I used to BE Santa when my children were little, so all those books DO count after all!  Here are some 10/10 books that I recommend you give yourself (in no particular order):
  • A Pain in the Tuchis: A Mrs. Kaplan Mystery ~ by Mark Reutlinger, 2015, cozy mystery, 217 pages, 10/10
  • The Indigo Girl ~ by Natasha Boyd, 2017, historical fiction (South Carolina), 329 pages, 10/10
  • Regarding Anna ~ by Florence Osmund, 2015, fiction, 272 pages, 10/10
  • Illusions: The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah ~ by Richard Bach, 2001, philosophy, 144 pages, 10/10
  • Messiah's Handbook: Reminders for the Advanced Soul ~ by Richard Bach, 2004, philosophy, 216 pages, 10/10
  • The Virtues of Aging ~ by Jimmy Carter, 1998, memoir, 160 pages, 10/10
  • A Charlie Brown Christmas ~ by Charles M. Schulz, 2007, children's book, 128 pages, 10/10
  • Educated ~ by Tara Westover, 2018, memoir (Idaho, Utah, England), 336 pages, 10/10
  • Rick the Rock of Room 214 ~ by Julie Falatko and illustrated by Ruth Chan, 2022, children's picture book, 40 pages, 10/10
(*Note:  I like that we can plan ahead by reading the upcoming questions HERE.)

2 comments:

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

You are such a wise person, Bonnie. I think if we have once been Santa, we are always Santa. So, yes, yes, you got books for Christmas.

Merry Christmas!

Helen's Book Blog said...

We didn't give any presents this year so I had no books under the tree. But you are correct, I'll get myself some books and ensure I get what I want.