Wednesday, January 20, 2021

The dawning of a new day ... at mid-day

Thanks, Sandra Boynton, for posting this on Facebook.
She wrote:  "Wishing health and hope to all."


President Biden was saying
“everyone, everyone”
at exactly 12:00 noon.

I was listening carefully to his inaugural speech as the clock approached noon.  I love this happenstance, since his whole point was about wanting to include everyone, even those who voted against him.

Kamala Harris and her husband on the left,
Joe Biden and his wife on the right.

2 comments:

Helen's Book Blog said...

I felt such a sense of relief after they were both sworn in. I also found the NY Times article about the fashions interesting as they carefully chose Black designers and the color purple to represent the suffragists

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I cried with joy.