Friday, July 31, 2020

Rainy day travels via WindowSwap

This is Lake Guntersville in Alabama
Katie's window overlooks a huge lake in Alabama in the USA.  There's a beautiful crape myrtle growing just below her window, and a breeze is rippling the lake's water.  This photo shows Lake Guntersville.  Since no town was mentioned, Katie may live anywhere in the state.

I saw plants inside a very wide space between inner and outer windows, when I looked out Che's window in Suderburg, Germany.  And there's a wide sill inside the innermost window.  I've never seen that before.  It looks like the middle of the three tall inner windows is solid, and the side windows open inward.  I guess that allows a person to take care of those potted plants.  There's a small watering can on the table under the windows, which has a chair on either side.  I can see a tree out in the back yard, but not really anything else.

Chiara and Angelo's window in Rome, Italy, looks at tile roofs nearby and for block after block, with not one bit of greenery growing anywhere.  Not a view to inspire me to continue gazing, so I clicked for the next random window.

Mindy's window looks out past her deck to a lake in Oxford, Michigan in the USA.  A breeze is rustling the leaves of the trees, casting leafy shadows on Mindy's table inside.  I like her flowers on the table and also those swaying in a planter outside on the deck.  Too bad I can't give her a compliment.  The map I googled shows lakes all around this town.

Olly's window overlooks a canal in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.  There are cars and a van parked across the canal, but the only "traffic" I saw going by were pedestrians, bike riders, and boats in the canal.  Oops, I was wrong.  Several bikers and a van surprised me, when they went by just below the window on THIS side of the canal.

Enough for today.  If you want to try it, click WindowSwap to "open a new window somewhere in the world."

No comments: