Sunday, July 26, 2020

Silly and fun and serious

I found this YouTube video on Helen's Book Blog, and she mentioned Ann of My Head is Full of Books.  I suggest you go read Ann's Sunday Salon post for today and enjoy the cartoons.  My favorite is a TV personality:  "I'm sending in troops."  TV viewer:  "Interesting reelection strategy, invading your own country."

WindowSwap

If you've been reading my blog, you know I've been fascinated with WindowSwap since I found it on Tuesday.  Down in the bottom left corner of their page is a link to what WindowSwap is all about:
"Let's face it.  We are all stuck indoors.  And it's going to be a while till we travel again.  Window Swap is here to fill that deep void in our wanderlust hearts by allowing us to look through someone else's window, somewhere in the world, for a while.  A place on the internet where all we travel hungry fools share our 'window views' to help each other feel a little bit better till we can (responsibly) explore our beautiful planet again."
Click to enlarge the image
Where did you "visit" today?  I "traveled" via WindowSwap to...
Andreas's window in Lucerne, Switzerland, which looks out over the water and the mountains in the distance.
Obviously, this aerial view is NOT from Andreas's window.  However, it does help me to imagine myself in Lucerne.  Click on the link, if you want to "open a new window somewhere in the world" using WindowSwap.  If you want to learn more about how WindowSwap got started, here's an article posted nine days ago.  I learned it was "created by Sonali Ranjit and her husband Vaishnav Balasubramaniam, two advertising creatives based in Singapore."

It's Time

There are a lot of things that are long overdue.  We've been hearing about them for ages, and Daily Kos made a list of things that are long overdue.

Weather

We are still under a heat advisory in St. Louis.  Yesterday, it was 92° and felt like 105° Fahrenheit.  Humidity was 61%, so it was muggy.  And it's supposed to be more of the same today.

1 comment:

Helen's Book Blog said...

While you're dealing with a heatwave, we're having morning fog. Stay cool and hydrated.