Tuesday, July 14, 2020

TWOsday ~ 2 exercises, 2 books

Two exercises

I haven't been exercising as much during the lockdown as I was before, when I could do it with a group downstairs in our Fitness Center.  I've found a couple of exercises from SilverSneakers.  One has videos, almost like being with living, moving people.  Maybe these will inspire me to exercise more, even alone in my apartment.


The 15-Minute Total-Body Chair Workout
  • Chair Exercise #1: Shoulder Rotation
  • Chair Exercise #2: Shoulder Raise
  • Chair Exercise #3: Biceps Curl
  • Chair Exercise #4: March
  • Chair Exercise #5: Heel Tap
3 Moves to Help Stiff Shoulders
  1. Standing Shoulder Flexion
  2. Shoulder Roll
  3. Y-T-W Stretch
Two books

I usually have more than one book going.  Here are the two I'm reading and/or studying today.

Fiction
Today, I'll start reading Mildred D. Taylor's All the Days Past, All the Days to Come (2020).  Although I've had it for awhile, I wanted to read Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry (1976) about Cassie Logan and her family before jumping into this one where Cassie is an adult.  To learn more about these books, see my Library Loot post.
Nonfiction
I'm working my way through the 28-day learning process of Me and White Supremacy by Layla F. Saad (2020).  The author challenges white people to do the essential work of unpacking our biases in order to dismantle the privilege within ourselves so that we can stop (often unconsciously) inflicting damage on people of color.

If you'd like to know more or if you'd like to discuss the book with me, click on the title, which links to my Book Buddies blog, set up for discussion.

1 comment:

Helen's Book Blog said...

Doing exercise with a group is so much more interesting and fun than doing it on ones own. I guess that can be said about most things.