Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Book Lover's Quiz

I found this quiz on another book lover's blog.  Though I'm not sure I've ever "bought a book without reading the description" (#12), my score is 15 like hers.  Why?  Because I'm pretty sure I'd buy the latest book by any of my favorite authors without reading the dust jacket first, though I'd probably skim the table of contents of nonfiction books.

As for #13, I actually sobbed when Enzo died.  Yes, I started sobbing, startled my cat Kiki, and had to grab my camera to get her picture while I cried.  Read more about the novel that made me sob by clicking on the title:  The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein (2008).  If you haven't yet read it, you really should.

I have to confess that I've written about #4 on this blog at least three other times:  in 2013 and in 2016 and in 2020.  I keep buying books that I already have, but I have my reasons to do it on purpose, occasionally, as I explained in 2016.  Sometimes an old book falls apart, but it has my notes and underlined passages.  Or I may unintentionally buy the same book because it has a different cover, but decide to keep both because the old one is underlined and the new one has additional information in the back, like an interview with the author, etc.  My duplicates are all nonfiction.  I'm less likely to buy two novels, since I rarely buy fiction at all.  I let the library provide those for me.

2 comments:

Helen's Book Blog said...

I am a big crying while reading person so that number was a no brainer for me. Glad you liked this meme.

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I thought this was great fun, too. Not only do I re-buy books I've already bought, I re-check books out of the library that I've already read. You'd think they'd have a screen that would pop up on the library computer for me when I do this...