Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Cat with a Purrl Earring ~ plus a jokester

This is especially funny if you have ever read Girl with a Pearl Earring, a novel by Tracy Chevalier about one of Vermeer's most celebrated paintings.  The book was later made into a movie.

It's almost Thanksgiving, so be very careful how you ask a relative to save you "a little bit of everything" if you have to work on that day when families gather to eat.  He or she may be like one man's jokester brother and do this:
Maybe you should say "save me a plateful of everything."

Today I am thankful for...  
While we're talking "thanksgiving," here's something you might try.  Every day until Thanksgiving, think of one thing that you are thankful for.  Write it down.  Maybe share it with someone.  Don't say the same thing every day, but be thankful for more and more things.  Some days may not be easy, but let's develop thankful hearts.  Today, I'm thankful for all my friends, especially since I've lost SEVEN of them in the past couple of years.  I'm thankful that I had those seven in my life, too.

No comments: