Sunday, November 1, 2020

Food, fun, time change, and books ~ always books

The Circle@Crown Café downstairs here at the Crown Center added a Swiss Tuna Melt on Pita to the menu recently, and it's delicious.  I highly recommend it, if you like tuna salad.  My friend Dora suggests adding a Ted Drewes frozen custard for dessert.  They come in vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry.  I like all of them.

WindowSwap ~ fun seeing the world

Once again, I recommend clicking on WindowSwap to open a random window somewhere in the world, especially for those of us who are still basically staying home as much as possible.  It's a way to get out there and see the world without worrying whether other folks are wearing masks and keeping their distance from us.

Time Change

Did you set your clocks back an hour last night?  For most people, setting the clock back an hour means an extra hour to sleep on Sunday morning.  Ah, but not if you have a cat, and I do have a cat.  Clawdia wanted to eat this morning when Clawdia wanted to eat, to heck with the clock.  Now I need a nap.

Books

I finished reading the 2019 journal by Jacqueline Winspear called What Would Maisie Do? : Inspiration from the Pages of Maisie Dobbs.  Now I'm reading Messenger of Truth (2006), the fourth book of Winspear's mystery series about Maisie Dobbs.  And I have the fifth book ready after that.  It's An Incomplete Revenge (2008).

2 comments:

Helen's Book Blog said...

It's a Winspear week for you! I hope the election goes the way you (we) hope. Fingers crossed.

Jinjer-The Intrepid Angeleno said...

That sandwich!!!!