Thursday, November 12, 2020

Exercising, banana bread, and a scam

10/29/2019

2/5/2020
Exercising

Ziggy was letting his mind wander at the end of October last year, but by early February (before our pandemic lockdown) Ziggy had advanced to mental gymnastics.  Is that progress?

Banana bread

Sharon, who lives at the other end of my hall, sent me a text saying there was "hot banana bread" in the box beside my door.  I had already cut a bite off the end before I thought to take a picture so I could share it with the world (the way young folks do these days).  Sharon has shared some great food with me, like this warm cornbread Clawdia wanted to taste, which was delicious with that carton of cold milk in the photo.  Thanks, Sharon.

Scam

This comment left on one of my FB posts is what's wrong with Facebook.
Travis Norrebro
Hello how are you doing I am sorry for intruding into your privacy I'm very sure that nobody is going to see that beautiful smile of yours and skip your profile without sending a message..you have interesting profile that caught my heart and attention it would be rude sending you friend request without your consent I'd love to know you more and let's talk and see what the future holds for us why don't you send me friend request and we can go from there and thank you ..
"What the future holds for us"?  Yuck!  Here's the cartoon this scammer chose to "hit on."  I posted it September 25th, but he didn't leave the comment until yesterday.  The person supposedly lives in Burlington, Vermont, is from Copenhagen, and is widowed.  And he has NO friends listed on Facebook.  Not a single one.  I deleted his comment.

Hmmm.  My Facebook link shows my name; here's his link (is this his REAL name?):  https://www.facebook.com/hamisu.usman.581

3 comments:

Helen's Book Blog said...

Ugh. Online scammers are so annoying! I have been avoiding Facebook, but get similar things on Twitter when "David 057392047" says "hi. I want to know you." As if I'll believe it's real.

Leigh Chandler said...

This same individual just sent me a friend request! I googled him and glad l found your post!

Unknown said...

Same thing here, now he lives in Somalia with a Vermont area code. He's trolling,