1. Turkey and gravy, of course. Some people even call it Turkey Day, you know.
2. Sweet potatoes that were perfectly cooked and melted in my mouth.
3. Dressing that tasted so much like my mother's, it surprised me, since I didn't make the meal myself.
4. Cranberry sauce that was simply delicious.
5. Pumpkin pie for dessert, which was a perfect ending for the meal.
Did you notice I said I didn't make the meal myself? Temple Israel here in St. Louis sent these scrumptious meals to Crown Center residents. There was more in my boxed meal than the five foods I've named, but I picked the tastes I most enjoyed. These five brought back memories of my family around our table at Thanksgiving, eating what my mother had prepared. Sending a huge thanks to Temple Israel for the wonderful Thanksgiving meals. I'll tell Colleen that I also got my "food fix."