Friday, August 7, 2020

Reverse Readathon

What is it?
It's a challenge to read during these 24 hours and post about it on my blog.  Mini-challenges are offered throughout the day.  The 24-hour readathon happens twice a year, in April and in October.  The first readathon, hosted by Dewey, was held in October 2007 (I was there).  Dewey died in late 2008, and though we’re still saddened by her absence (I still have links on the right sidebar, down near the bottom), the show must go on.  The read-a-thon was renamed to honor Dewey in 2009.  Now it's a Reverse Readathon, hosted by Kate of Kate’s Book Nook and Gabby of Gabs About Books.
When is it?
The Reverse Readathon began at 7:00 pm on August 7, 2020 in the Central time zone, where I am.  Yikes, I'm late discovering it.  I can't find the sign-up page, but I could see 519 were already on the list of readers.  So I'll just do my own thing, here on my blog, and start reading.

Books I may read
  1. Redhead by the Side of the Road ~ by Anne Tyler, 2020, fiction (Maryland)
  2. Life's Compline: A Journey Just Begun ~ by Betty Creamer, 2020, theology
  3. Me and White Supremacy: Combat Racism, Change the World, and Become a Good Ancestor ~ by Layla F. Saad, 2020, race relations
Bingo card

An explanation of how to play this Bingo card is on this Readathon page, but here's the simple version:
  1. For a book to count for a square, you must have read a minimum of 50 pages.
  2. You are NOT required to finish a book before marking a bingo square complete.
  3. You may fit your book into as many squares as you can.

3 comments:

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I wonder if you got a few books read.

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Yes, I finished one and nearly finished a second book, which I finished today. I should post something about it soon. I didn't do any of the mini-challenges this time.

Helen's Book Blog said...

I totally missed this reverse readathon! How frustrating. But, my weekend was full of work and a couple walks so I just didn't have time. Sigh.