Saturday, August 1, 2020

Peace * Love * Pardon * Faith * Hope * Light * Joy

This morning, I was trying to put my daily pills back in the spot where I keep them, but something was in the way.  I reached into that spot to see what was blocking the way, and found a wallet-sized card with this saying on it.  I'd bought the card so long ago that the price on it was 45-cents.  It was serendipity, since it's the inspiration I needed today.  My card shows calligraphy different from this illustration, but the same words that I can ponder all day.
Word of the Day
ser·en·dip·i·ty / ˌserənˈdipədē / noun = the occurrence and development of events by chance in a happy or beneficial way.  Example:  "Finding these words when I need to hear them is serendipity."
Racism
"There is racism embedded throughout our language system ... We need to dig deeper and understand where the phrases and words we use come from because, if we don’t, we are being complicit in perpetuating the racist systems embedded in our language."  To say these phrases and words are "not meant to be racist" is not good enough.  "You have to consider how someone else feels when you use these terms."  I quoted from this article.

Social Distancing

Something else to ponder today.  This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever to me.

No comments: