Sunday, August 9, 2020

A Sunday on La Grande Jatte

It's Sunday, so let's color "Sunday" and brighten our world.  Well, let's color Seurat's painting, I mean.  It's called "A Sunday on La Grande Jatte."  Make a copy of this coloring page, color it, and send it to me, if you're willing.  I'll assemble them all on a bulletin board and share a photo of our bright splash of color here on Bonnie's Books.  Are you in?

"A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte" (longer title) was painted from 1884 to 1886, and is Georges Seurat's most famous work.  It's an example of pointillist technique, and it's on a large canvas.  You can see he includes a lot of Parisians at a park on the banks of the River Seine.  So once again, are you in?  Will you share?  It would be fun to see lots of variations on the colors we would choose.

Here's the bulletin board, after I put up ten copies to be colored.  If you live at the Crown Center, come get one.  I can add more, as needed.

1 comment:

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I have this painting on my wall. Well, a print of it.