Monday, August 17, 2020

National Black Cat Appreciation Day

Sandy just called to tell Clawdia she appreciated her, because today is National Black Cat Appreciation Day.  Oh, no, I almost missed it.  Sure enough, I found this cat's picture with "Mon Aug 17" and all sorts of facts about black cats, if you want to read that page.

This is my favorite black cat, though, and this is currently my favorite photo of her.  I call this window Clawdia's window because she loves to sit there looking out, sniffing the fresh air, watching the birds flit by, and listening to them chirp to each other in the trees just below our sixth floor windows.  It's the photo of her I have in the right sidebar of the blog, too.

2 comments:

Helen's Book Blog said...

I like that there is a black cat appreciation day because they have an unfair reputation.

Elza Reads said...

Hi there Bonnie!

Aah, I missed it too. I have the most beautiful black cat. His name is Stinkie and I fostered him from about 10 days old. Today (3 years later) he is one big boy with the most gentle personality. Not half as crazy as his little sister, Elza!