Monday, January 8, 2018

Monday Mindfulness ~ happiness report

Click to enlarge calendar
Second week of a new year, so it's time to pull up another seven days from the Happiness Calendar (see below).

Jan. 8 ~ Go to bed an hour earlier than normal.
Jan. 9 ~ Take ten minutes to sit still and just breathe.
Jan. 10 ~ Use one of your personal strengths in a new way.
Jan. 11 ~ Learn something new, and share it with others.
Jan. 12 ~ Ask other people about things they've enjoyed recently.
Jan. 13 ~ Thank three people you're grateful to, and tell them why.
Jan. 14 ~ Get back in touch with an old friend you miss.

I'm planning to "go to bed an hour earlier" tonight, mostly because it's been a busy few days and I'm tired.  I think I'll also find time, tomorrow, to "sit still and just breathe" as I think about happiness in the world and in my own life.
Happiness Report

At the end of last week (in other words, yesterday), Deb and Helen and I had a sort of conversation on our various blogs.
  • Deb left a message on Helen's blog thanking her for sharing the January 2018 Happiness Calendar.
  • I commented on Deb's blog, saying, "I love it!  You got the Happy New Year Calendar from Helen, and she got it from me.  So we'll be doing it together, in a sense."
  • Deb came over and commented on my blog post:  "I love it!  I got it from Helen, and Helen got it from you, and you got it from Jan .... happier and happier!"
Happiness is spreading.  Can you feel it?

1 comment:

Helen's Book Blog said...

I'm glad we're all doing the happiness/mindfulness project. I might not make it to bed an hour earlier tonight, but I will definitely go earlier than I have been since my daughter went back to school today. She tends to keep me up later :-)