1. On the Crown Center bus ~ Iva, Betty, and Meredith on the left; Bonnie, Esme beside Jerry, and Shannon (in the back) on the right. This is an old photo, but I'll be on the bus again today when we go to buy groceries.
Another bagful of books ~ Risé invited me to go with her this morning to the last day of the sale of used books at the Jewish Community Center. That's when we can fill a bag with books for five bucks. I've written about the books I've stuffed into bags other years, like THIS in 2017, but I haven't been to their sale since I quit driving. I'll tell you about the books later, probably over several days, a few books at a time. I set this to post itself while we're book shopping.
3. Punxsutawney Phil ~ Did you see my earlier post? Today is Groundhog Day, so go back one post to see what I wrote.
... with using the telephone?... with shopping?... with food preparation?... with housekeeping?... with laundry?... with transportation?... with your medications?... with your finances (budgeting, buying, banking, paying bills)?
Being Mortal: Medicine and What Matters in the End. I gave that one a 10/10 rating and highly recommend it. A survey could ask questions about whether you are satisfied with your life, how you feel, whether you are involved in activities or not, whether you feel hopeless or happy. Think about it. How alive and involved are you feeling these days? In answering some of their quality of life questions, I didn't just circle Yes/No as requested. You know me, right? I had to throw in a few remarks, as well.
7. Do you often get bored? NO, I don't think I've ever been bored, except in some business meetings. 😃
8. Do you prefer to stay at home, rather than going out and doing new things? YES, but that's because I'm an INTJ (introvert).
9. Do you think it is wonderful to be alive now? YES, but reading news of random rampages is not "wonderful." (Neither, is reading about wars and violence.)
10. Do you feel full of energy? NO, not physical energy. Mentally I have lots of energy, but my physical energy is slowing down.
11. An alarming day ~ I set off alarms at the courthouse in my town back in 2009. Why? I told people it is because I am held together with baling wire. I actually WAS wired together after quadruple bypass heart surgery earlier that year. The guard let me pass through after I showed her my scars from surgery.