(U.S.A.) with a sword to access a hidden vault, click HERE.
2. Library flood
On Feb. 10th, a watermain burst at the University City Public Library, which is currently being renovated. More than 100,000 gallons of water made its way into the basement destroying many of the recent renovations, books, and other items in the high-density shelving. For book lovers like me, this is a painful story. Even worse, this is my library.
3. Clawdia's new favorite food is grilled beef in gravy. Her usual two favs are (1) salmon and (2) liver and chicken, so this is different. She's had it before, but this time it clicked.
4. Word of the Day: click (as I used it), verb = to receive an enthusiastic reception.
5. My iPhone has started telling me "failed to send" when I try to send a photo to someone. After it happened several times, I began to wonder how long my iPhone will last. Google gave me different answers, as I tried to remember which model iPhone I have. Okay, it's an iPhone Xs (X is the Roman numeral for 10), pictured above, as I posted HERE in 2021. By going to the T-Mobile site online, I found my "activation date" was 8/29/20. So I've had it for two and a half years.
5. Here are some answers I found online:
- Overall, you can expect a regular iPhone to be in your life for somewhere between two and three years.
- Apple no longer sells the iPhone XS . . . as of September 10, 2019 . . . iPhone XS and XS Max are the final models of iPhone to feature 3D Touch. [Hmm, I don't even know what 3D Touch is, and I bought my Xs in August 2020.]
- Will iPhone XS still work in 2022? . . . yes, because you still get upgrades for 5–8 years. [Wait, we get upgrades for 5-8 years, but it lasts only 2-3 years?]
- [W]hen it comes to iPhones, you can expect between three to five years (maybe more) with proper care. [So maybe it's 3-5 years, instead of 2-3 years?]
- What year will iPhone XS stop updating? With an iPhone, you receive the latest software updates up to 6 years after the release of the device. [Wow, such inconsistent information!]
On the other hand, I have also been told the construction going on here could be interfering with my phone. I hope that's all it is.
6. A book mystery
I don't remember where I found this title or who may have mentioned it. Unfortunately, my library does not have this one, and it costs more for Kindle than I want to pay right now: Cabin Fever: A Suburban Father's Search for the Wild ~ by Tom Montgomery Fate, 2011, nature writing, 224 pages. If you've read this book, tell me what you thought.
7. I read on Nextdoor that . . .
Washington University is buying the building that once was University United Methodist Church. University UMC closed in 2019 when it merged with another United Methodist Church, and they now meet in the other church's building. The edifice shown above is what the university is buying. I used to help in UUMC's library before the merger. The words on the photo were UUMC's slogan before their move.
8. Circles from 4-3-2-1 order to 1-2-3-4 order
OOOO OOO OO O >>>>>> O OO OOO OOOO
Which O can you move from the left arrangement of 4-3-2-1 so it becomes 1-2-3-4?
Post a Comment