Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Wednesday Workout


I've decided into get back to exercising more regularly, so I clicked on Silversneakers and chose this "20-Minute Strength Workout With Dumbbells."  Before the pandemic lockdown, I led a group of friends doing exercises on our own in the fitness center every Friday afternoon.  Why?  Because all the scheduled classes met in the mornings, and not all of us are early birds.  After nearly three years without exercising consistently, I wonder how much I'll be able to do now.  I plan to get back into it very S-L-O-W-L-Y.

I was smiling as I started digging through my equipment that we once used in our group.  I checked off who came each week, so I can see that we had 23 people taking part.  Some of us met in early March 2020, and then I have a big X through the rest of March and April.  Lockdown had arrived and exercising together was over.

I gave out copies of this 120-page book on Exercise & Physical Activity (2015), so everyone could study or practice at home.  I got it out to refresh my memory of the routines we used.  Melissa (our leader in the Wednesday classes) had given us copies of this book on January 4, 2017.  (Notice the date!  Amazing coincidence, isn't it?)

No comments: