Sunday, January 22, 2023

Chinese New Year and a new book

The Chinese Lunar New Year begins today, marking the end of the Year of the Tiger, and the beginning of the Year of the Rabbit.

Since I was born in the Year of the Dragon, I always look to see what's up for us dragons:
"Help those in need always, 
and watch abundance as well
as generosity flow your way."

The twelve zodiac animals are the Rat, Ox, Tiger, Rabbit, Dragon, Snake, Horse, Sheep, Monkey, Rooster, Dog, and Pig.  Do you know your zodiac sign?

What have you read lately that you enjoyed?

I have just finished two cozies.  The second was awful, so I won't finish the series.

A Vow of Silence ~ by Veronica Black, 1990, cozy mystery, 175 pages, 8/10

The Daughters of Compassion share a chilling secret they cannot confess:  Sister Sophia is dead.  Another nun is missing.  And a mysterious last letter from a dying nun is sent to the prioress.  What’s going on with them?  It’s up to newcomer Sister Joan to uncover the truth.  Having faced her own demons, can she save the other sisters from theirs?

Sunday Salon is hosted by Deb at Readerbuzz.

4 comments:

Harvee said...

Happy Lunar New Year. The Dragon year will be next year, 2024! Enjoy the calm year of the Rabbit!

Harvee said...

Happy Lunar New Year!
https://bookdilettante.blogspot.com/2023/01/year-of-rabbit-chinese-lunar-new-year.html

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I like stories set in convents. I always thought it would be fun to live in a convent. Not sure if I'd like to live in a convent where many people are murdered, though.

I am, apparently, a fire monkey. Which I like. But a dragon is very cool, too.

Helen's Book Blog said...

I am the year of the snake, but my daughter is a Dragon like you.