Tuesday, January 17, 2023

It's TWOsday again

Two things I ordered arrived on Friday:  canned cat food and kitty litter.  Both are heavy, so I took my cart down the elevator to bring them up to my apartment.  Opening the door to the hall entails getting requests from Clawdia to "go for a walk" in the hall, just to get out of our apartment for a change.  When she went back inside after our walk, I turned my cart toward the elevator.  It's so much easier this way than trying to schlep this heavy stuff on our Crown Center bus when we go shopping at the grocery store.

Word of the Day

schlep / SHlep / informal • North American, used as a verb = haul or carry (something heavy or awkward).  Example:  "She schlepped her groceries home. "  When used as a noun = a tedious or difficult journey.  Example:  "It was a rush hour schlep to the airport."

1 comment:

Harvee said...

I don't normally read a lot of nonfiction books, but I have found two that I do want to tackle this year. That's my TWOsday contribution!

Love the pics of your cat.