Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Words from W-E-A-T-H-E-R, an update

Flooding seen right outside my apartment window after heavy rain in 2011.

"What words can you make with the letters in WEATHER?" I posted on this blog, after Toni and Sandy and I had come up with a dozen or so words using those letters.  People left comments, and we discovered that "weather" is full of other words, which just kept coming to our minds:
  • Toni:  ate, we, her, the, wet, wrath
  • Bonnie:  wreath, thaw, haw, hew, hat, hare, heat, hear
  • Sandy:  wheat, wart, heart, wrath
  • Bonnie:  awe, raw, war, hate, eat, tea, awe, were, ware
  • Genies:  thaw, what, wear, rate, threw
  • Bonnie:  there, haw, whee, what, whet
  • Carolyn:  wheat, what, the, rat, eat, there, her, here
  • Bonnie:  at, art, ear, wee, taw, tar, ether
  • Jenn:  where, heart, eater, water, reheat, wreathe, ether, earth, whereat, hewer
  • Shon:  we, eat, her, at, the

Some words in the list may be repeated, but these people were not seeing what others had sent me.  We were all having a grand time.  If you want to sort out the words and tell us a final tally, please do.  The letters W-E-A-T-H-E-R make a lot of other words!  It feels like a "million" words to me (yes, I am exaggerating).

Toni wrote, "It said five, so I stopped my brain at six !!!! amor."  ("Amor" is the Spanish word, which means "love" in English.)  Toni was quoting the post we'd found on Facebook, which suggested we try to make five words from the letters in WEATHER.  Even though she screeched to a stop, she couldn't help sliding right into that sixth word before she could stop herself.  Way to go, Toni!!!  I admit that I kept coming back to it again and again, and so did others.

If anyone finds another word (or two or three or four), let me know and I'll add them to our list.  Notice that I highlighted wreathe and whereat.  Those two words use all seven letters in W-E-A-T-H-E-R.  Ding, ding, ding!  Jenn is definitely a word whiz!

No comments: