Thursday, May 12, 2022

A place for "bookies"

Here's part of our little library here at the Crown Center.  I think it's interesting that I've known at least three other English-speaking residents (besides myself) who worked in libraries before retirement.  The Crown Center has a volunteer program so residents can offer to help with various activities.  Most of us with library experience naturally chose to re-shelve the books that have been dropped in the return slot.  The Russian and Chinese books, of course, are re-shelved by speakers of those languages.

2 comments:

Helen's Book Blog said...

What a lovely library space! When I have taken my parents to look at retirement spots, we always check out the library and I think "what a great place to hang out, this is where I'd volunteer."

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I would love to volunteer in a library.