Friday, May 13, 2022

It's Friday

My new Friday 5 is any five things I choose to write about.  This week, let's talk about Fridays.

1.  Today is Friday the 13th.  Are you superstitious?

su·per·sti·tious /ˌso͞opərˈstiSHəs / adjective = having or showing a belief in superstitions.  Example:  "Many superstitious people believe that Friday the 13th brings bad luck."

2.  Friday the 13th is often associated with black cats, but is Clawdia bad luck?

3.  I like Fridays because I was born on a Friday.  Would you say I'm loving and giving?

4.  Friday is a welcome day to the folks who write TGIF, which means "Thank God It's Friday!"  But why?

5.  Because Friday is the end of the work week and the beginning of the weekend!

2 comments:

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

When I was a school librarian, I reserved Fridays for Open Library. Children could come to the library on their own and stay as long as they liked.

It was my favorite day of the week.

Bonnie Jacobs said...

What a great idea! I love it, Deb.