Thursday, May 5, 2022

Antiracist Baby

Antiracist Baby ~ by Ibram X. Kendi, illustrated by Ashley Lukashevsky, 2020, children's picture book, 24 pages, 9/10
This book lays the groundwork for important conversations with children about racism.  While we were waiting for the lights to come back on after a day without electricity in our apartments (due to construction of a new building in our retirement complex), a friend mentioned this book to me.  When I said I'd like to borrow it, she went right up to her apartment and got it for me.  As a children's picture book, it was a quick and easy read, so I finished it in no time, while we were having what someone called a "lights out party" in the lobby.  The lights stayed on all day on the first floor, so we partied with sandwiches, pizzas, salads, and bottled water toward the end of the day when our apartments were dark.

1 comment:

Helen's Book Blog said...

I have seen this book on social media a lot and think it's a great idea to give parents/guardians a way to talk to their children about these issues.