Sunday, May 15, 2022

Sunday book report

Book I'm reading

1001 Dumbest Things Ever Said ~ edited by Steven D. Price, 2004, humor, 272 pages.  A collection of stupid utterances from people who were either idiots or had mental lapses.

Books completed

We Turn to Face the Sun ~ by Stephanianna Lozito, 2022, fiction, 290 pages, 9/10

The Orphanage (Shilling Grange Children’s Home Book 1) ~ by Lizzie Page, 2021, historical fiction (England), 402 pages, 9/10

Cozy I'll read next

Oy Vey, Maria! : A Mrs. Kaplan Mystery ~ by Mark Reutlinger, 2021, cozy mystery, 186 pages.  This is for my Cruisin' thru the Cozies Reading Challenge 2022.

Next novel on my Kindle

A Span of Moments ~ by Robert Beech, 2020, fiction (Florida), 302 pages.          I made this photo large to see the sand and water along the shore (and so              I could read the words on the cover).  I wrote about the content HERE.

Sunday Salon is hosted by Deb at Readerbuzz.

5 comments:

Mark Baker said...

The cover of Span of Moments is beautiful. I'll have to look up that cozy. Haven't heard of it before.

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

You've had a busy reading week. I often read books like 1001 Dumbest Things Ever said, books I classify in the genre of Browsable Books. It's probably my favorite genre.

I hope you have a lovely week, Bonnie.

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Deb, 1001 Dumbest Things Ever Said was one of my friend Donna's books that I ended up with after she died. I think Donna's sister would get a kick out of it, too, so I think I'll pass it along to her.

Miaismine said...

Oh, We Turn to Face the Sun made it on my TBR, much as I'm trying to cull that list! The Orphanage sounds like there might be some light at the end of the tunnel. I noticed it's part of a series. Thank you for sharing such fabulous books!

Helen's Book Blog said...

Looks like you've got some good reading going this week. I am finally starting to feel better though this darn Covid is just lingering in the form of a cough. Ugh.