Saturday, May 14, 2022

Weekend PUN-ishment

A friend sent me these "terrible, horrible, no good, very bad puns," as she labeled them.  Thanks, Gail.
  • I never thought orthopedic shoes would really work for me, but I stand corrected.
  • Once upon a time there was a king who was only twelve inches tall.  He was a terrible king, but he made a great ruler.
  • A Mexican magician said he would disappear on the count of three.  He said, "Uno, dos..."  Poof, he disappeared without a "tres."
  • I wrote a book on how to fall down the stairs.  It's a step by step guide.
  • My son was chewing on electric cords, so I had to ground him.  It's OK, though.  He's doing better and conducting himself properly.
  • My friend claims that he accidentally glued himself to his autobiography.  I don't believe him, but that's his story and he's sticking to it.
  • An armed man ran into a real estate agency and shouted, "Nobody move!"
  • My neighbor got drunk yesterday and threw up in the elevator on his way home; it was disgusting on so many levels.
  • Why did the Mexican take anti-anxiety medication?  For Hispanic attacks.
  • I asked the surgeon if I could administer my own anesthetic.  He said:  "Sure, knock yourself out!"
  • I got into a fight today with 1, 3, 5, 7, and 9.  The odds were really against me.
  • In Britain it's called a lift, but Americans call it an elevator.  I guess we were just raised differently.
  • I've heard that 97% of people are stupid.  I'm glad I'm in the other 5%.
  • The Lord said to John, "Come forth, and ye shall receive eternal life."  But John came fifth and got a toaster instead.
  • And finally, I have two unwritten rules:  (1)____________________ (2)_____________________________________________________

2 comments:

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

These are fantastic. Thank you for sharing these.

Helen's Book Blog said...

Thanks for the smile!