Sunday, May 22, 2022

Another Sunday book report

Fiction I'm reading

Where the Desert Meets the Sea ~ by Werner Sonne, translated by Steve Anderson, 2019, historical fiction (Israel), 258 pages (for my Historical Fiction Reading Challenge 2022).

Memoir I'm reading

North to Paradise ~ by Ousman Umar, translated by Kevin Gerry Dunn, 2022 (in English), memoir (Ghana), 159 pages


Still reading

The Nine Emotional Lives of Cats: A Journey Into the Feline Heart
~ by Jeffrey Moussaieff Masson, 2002, animal psychology

I've read six of the nine chapters (Narcissism, Love, Contentment, Attachment, Jealousy, and Fear), mostly because it's an interesting but not compelling subject.  Now to read about the other three emotions (Anger, Curiosity, and Playfulness).  Now I wonder how the author will deal with Curiosity, which "killed the cat."




Bloggers gather in The Sunday Salon
at separate computers in different time zones
— to talk about our lives and our reading.

5 comments:

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Hi Bonnie, I do love cats and stories about them as well. I have read other animal type books by this author but not the one about cats. I just may check it out some time. Hope you are doing well and have had a nice weekend.

Cindy said...

Both of these look interesting, hope you enjoy them. Have a good week.

Helen's Book Blog said...

Looks like you're getting in some good reading. I hope you have a great week.

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

All three of your books sound intriguing. The Nine Emotional Lives of Cats sounds most interesting of the three to me. Cats are a mystery to me even though I had cats for many, many years.

I would like to hear more about North to Paradise.

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Clicking on the book titles takes you to what I've written before on this blog, but Blogger has made changes (that I hate) that mean it's hard to tell when something is a "blue link" to somewhere else. Here's the info on North to Paradise from an earlier post: "The inspiring true story of one man's treacherous boyhood journey from a rural village in Ghana to the streets of Barcelona."