Sunday, December 12, 2021

Books I'll remember

I posted about "15 books that will always stick with me" on Facebook in 2009.  I decided to do it again, updating that list to include books that I've read in the last dozen years.  So here are 15 books, in alphabetical order, that I think will always stick with me:
  1. Agape Love: A Tradition Found in Eight World Religions ~ by John Templeton, 1999
  2. The Gnostic Gospels ~ by Elaine Pagels, 1979
  3. The Great Transformation: The Beginning of Our Religious Traditions ~ by Karen Armstrong, 2006
  4. The Heart of Christianity: Rediscovering a Life of Faith ~ by Marcus J. Borg, 2003
  5. Herland ~ by Charlotte Perkins Gilman, 1915
  6. Honest to God ~ by John A. T. Robinson, 1963
  7. Little Women ~ by Louisa May Alcott, 1868
  8. Miss Rumphius ~ by Barbara Cooney, 1982
  9. My Sister's Keeper ~ by Jodi Picoult, 2003
  10. The Mythmaker: Paul and the Invention of Christianity ~ by Hyam Maccoby, 1986
  11. The Red Tent ~ by Anita Diamant, 1997
  12. The Social Construction of Reality ~ by Peter L. Berger, 1966
  13. Talk Before Sleep ~ by Elizabeth Berg, 1994
  14. Time and Again ~ by Jack Finney, 1970
  15. A Wrinkle in Time ~ by Madeleine L'Engle, 1962
I am currently re-reading The Social Construction of Reality ~ by Peter L. Berger and Thomas Luckmann, that I told you about in a recent blog post.  And now I want to re-read some of the other books on this list.

Deb at Readerbuzz hosts Sunday Salon, a place for us to link up and share what we have been reading and doing during the week.

1 comment:

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I've now added several of these to my wish list. I've read Wrinkle in Time, Miss Rumpius, Little Women, Red Tent, Talk Before Sleep, Time and Again, and My Sister's Keeper. I am always interested in taking a close look at the books others find to be their favorite reads.