Sunday, December 26, 2021

Sunday Salon ~ books for this week and next year

What I've been reading

Cat Tales: A Catty Concoction of Quotes, Poems and "Dear Tabby" Advice ~ edited by Suzanne Beilenson, 1992, gift book, 48 pages, 7/10
CAT-NIP = Feline love nip (p. 14)
CAT-CALL = Feline 'fone conversation (p. 15)
CAT-SKILL = Tabby talent (p. 16)
CAT-TAIL = Kitty legend (p. 17)
Nothing Ever Happens on My Block ~ Ellen Raskin, 1966, children's picture book, 8/10
Chester Filbert is sure that his block is the most boring in the world.  Other blocks have haunted houses, ferocious lions and tigers, monsters, astronauts, even fireworks.  His block has nothing.  See what really happens on Chester's block.
My Sister's Keeper ~ by Jodi Picoult, 2004, fiction, 423 pages
Anna was conceived as a bone marrow match for her leukemia-stricken sister Kate, a life and a role that she is now challenging.
Reading Challenges
I'm ready to start 2022 with two reading challenges, listed at the top of the right sidebar:  Cruisin' thru the Cozies Reading Challenge 2022 and Historical Fiction Reading Challenge 2022.  I'll choose cozy mysteries already on my friend Donna's Kindle, which her sister let me "inherit" after Donna died.  I have always been much more into historical fiction.  Let's see how I do in each category


Deb at Readerbuzz hosts Sunday Salon, a place for us to link up and share what we have read and done during this week.

2 comments:

Helen's Book Blog said...

Nice to see you are taking on 2 reading challenges for 2022. I did a historical fiction one this past year and really enjoyed it.

I hope you have a lovely last year of 2021!

Goldendaze-Ginnie said...

...
My preference is historical Fiction too, Bonnie.