Sunday, July 4, 2021

Bookish thoughts


I had started reading Reluctantly Home by Imogen Clark (2021), the new novel on my Kindle, and discovered two other novels on my Kindle by Clark:

I took photos of some of the flowers growing here at the Crown Center this past week.  They're bright and cheerful, aren't they?

This Crown Care Package below was given to each resident in celebration of the Fourth of July.  There are snacks and a watermelon drink, flags, and a book of word find puzzles.

Last night, I saw a representative of the Resident Council putting out flags around the grounds, too.  How are you celebrating this holiday?



    Deb at Readerbuzz hosts Sunday Salon
    a place for us to link up and share what
    we have been doing during the week.

4 comments:

Helen's Book Blog said...

I like that the Crown Center does good care packages, that's sweet. And the orange flowers are beautiful. There is something that just brightens up my day to see flowers such as marigolds.

Not much celebrating in our household today as we're avoiding the crowds. If we can figure out how to see the fireworks somewhere a bit isolated we may do that.

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

Those flowers (chrysanthemums?) are lovely. I've never grown flowers but now, as I work my way toward sixty-five later this year, I'm suddenly interested in doing so. I've planted a lot of native plants in the last few months, and the sunflowers are especially pretty.

My son and his family are staying with us until they can get moved to their new place, so we have had quite the Fourth of July atmosphere around here.

Love the care packages!

shelleyrae @ book'd out said...

Happy 4th!
I hope you are enjoying Reluctantly Home

Wishing you a great reading week

R's Rue said...

I miss those Oatmeal Creme Pies from Little Debbie. A little bit of nostalgia for me. Thank you. I spent the 4th outdoors with my pooch. Those flowers are gorgeous. Happy reading friend. Hope today is a beautiful one for you.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com