Sunday, July 11, 2021

Sunday Salon ~ books and grocery shopping

Last book completed

Reluctantly Home ~ by Imogen Clark, 2021, fiction (England), 8/10

"As she climbed the stairs to her room, it occurred to her that for the first time in almost as long as she could remember, she was the one offering help rather than having it offered to her, and it felt good" (p. 209).
 
Books with bookmarks

Life outside of books

I've been to the grocery store twice this past week, once I walked over there with my cart and once I went with Sheila when she drove.  Guess what . . . I forgot to get toilet paper both times.  I still have a spare roll or two, but it made me think of people's pandemic buying last year, with their carts piled high.  I wonder if the hoarders have even come close to using all that toilet paper they bought in 2020.


    Deb at Readerbuzz hosts Sunday Salon,
    a place for us to link up and share what
    we have been doing during the week.


5 comments:

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

All the books you mention---Reluctantly Home and Dear White Peacemakers, especially---sound really good. I'm curious about Color, too.

You've been at the store twice and still forgot toilet paper? Funny! At one point, we ordered seven times in one day from Amazon for toilet paper, and not one of those orders was filled. Those were frustrating times.

Vicki said...

Love the cover of Reluctantly Home. I'll check the book out.

I've rarely gone to a store since Covid hit, but I have gone to the grocery store a few times. I've been mainly having them delivered. It did feel good to go in person the few times I've gone.

I hope you have a great week!

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Deb, that ride with Sheila was rather impromptu and I didn't take a list. I forgot to put it on my list the first time I went, when I walked with my cart. And I do still have some TP on hand.

Vicki, I ordered groceries via Instacart for most of the year, and I still wear a mask when I go out. I wore a mask when I got a haircut, and I wear a mask when I go to medical appointments. I've ordered all but groceries online, including occasional meals for no-contact delivery. I am, after all, 81 years old and plan to remain cautiously masked even though I'm fully vaccinated.

R's Rue said...

Looks like you are reading good books. I go to the store and often forget what item I needed that I didn’t get. Hopefully the next time’s the charm. Happy Monday
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Helen's Book Blog said...

Running out of toilet paper is no joke, it's funny but understandable that people panic-purchased toilet paper.

I hope you have a good reading week!