Monday, July 5, 2021

Very punny response

Someone on Nextdoor, our neighborhood listserv, lost his glasses and wrote:
"Lost sunglasses and the end of an Era.  I lost my sunglasses at the beach at St. Joe state park this weekend, and I am quite distraught.  I usually break or lose sunglasses within a few weeks of purchase, but these aviators lasted for years somehow."
This person's response made me laugh:
"I have talked to the sun, and there will be a ray ban for 24 hours in memory.  I hope it lens some comfort to you in this era when we are so polarized as a nation.  Sunglass Hut seems like a nice place for a reception, but you might try a temple or two which might be a more appropriate venue.  In any case, don’t allow anyone to throw shade on your day of remembrance."
The fellow wearing the aviator glasses in the photo above is President Joe Biden, but you probably already knew that.