Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Facebook ~ today's teaser

This teaser is from page 77 of The Church of Facebook: How the Hyperconnected Are Redefining Community, by Jesse Rice, which came out on the first day of this month:
"Do you remember how your high school bedroom tried to reflect everything about who you were as a person -- your likes, dislikes, beliefs, affiliations, and attitudes -- in the space of just four walls? Facebook serves a similar end, allowing us to decorate our pages with any kind of flair necessary to demonstrate the things that are closest to our hearts."
Makes me want to analyze what's on my Facebook page: family photos, visit from an out-of-town friend, quotes from books (books? me?), links to issues and kitten with deer and climate change and humor and another book. Uh-huh, I'd say it represents "me."

No comments: