Thursday, October 15, 2009

Don't mess with old folks

George, an elderly man, was going up to bed when his wife told him that he'd left the light on in the garden shed, which she could see from the bedroom window. George opened the back door to go turn off the light, but saw that there were people in the shed stealing his things. He phoned the police, who asked, "Is someone in your house?" He said "No, but some people are breaking into my garden shed and stealing from me." The police dispatcher said, "All patrols are busy. You should lock your doors and an officer will be along when one is available." George said, "Okay," hung up, counted to thirty, and phoned the police again.

"Hello, I just called you a few seconds ago because there were people stealing things from my shed. Well, you don't have to worry about them because I just shot and killed them both. The dogs are eating them right now."

Within five minutes, six police cars, a SWAT team, a helicopter, two fire trucks, a paramedic, and an ambulance showed up at his residence, and the burglars were caught red-handed.

One of the policemen said to George, "I thought you said that you'd shot them!" George replied, "I thought you said there was nobody available!"

Moral of the story: Don't mess with old folks.